The Yemeni Journalists Syndicate monitored 226 cases of violations of press freedom during 2018. The infringements of rights affected journalists, photojournalists, dozens of newspapers, websites, media sites and journalists’ properties. Violations varied among kidnappings, arrests, blocking of websites, attacks, threats and incitement campaigns. Houthi militia committed 60% of the total violations with 136 cases; local, security and military bodies and legal government committed 30% with 68 violations; the Saudi-led coalition committed 5% with 11 cases; anonymous actors committed 4% with 9 cases; and the Southern Movement committed 1% with 2 cases.
- Human Rights Update (3 September to 9 September, 2019)
- Survivors of Coalition Airstrikes in Dhamar Detention Speak to Belqees TV Channel
- More than 600 cases of violations in seven governorates committed by Houthi group
- Human Rights Update from (27 August to 2 September, 2019)
- Southern Transitional Council launched mass abductions and the army has withdrawn